I’m writing here because I’m unexpectedly facing a difficult career choice. I have worked in Cybersec for some years, both on the offensive and defensive side and I do like what I’ve done so far (technical roles). However, I’ve just received an offer that would represent a **huge** step forward in terms salary, something that I’ll hardly find again, it will be focused on the following areas:
1. maintain the security technical baseline (policies, requirements, concepts of operations);
2. perform and maintain traceability of the security technical baseline to project requirements;
3. support the Cyber Security Manager in the flow down of the security baseline in procurement projects;
4. manage and monitor the implementation of the security technical baseline in procurement projects;
5. participate in project reviews, focusing on aspects related to the security technical baseline;
6. report to the Cyber Security Manager;
7. provide support to the Cyber Security Manager on any other tasks under its responsibility, including vulnerability tracking and mitigation.
My main concern is that since it won’t be a technical work, I’m afraid of losing my skills and which kind of positions/career paths I might follow for a subsequent job change after some years. Could this maybe be a good starting point for becoming a Cyber Security Manager?