We found a camera on our premise that we never put up. How should I go about investigating this? Unfortunately we don’t have any other cameras to see who put that up either
I assume this is an IP cam? You should be able to identify more information about it through various means:
* If it’s physically connected (Eg Ethernet), is it being powered by PoE?
* Does the camera itself have MAC address labeled on the body?
* Can you review DNS logs to determine when the MAC was first identified?
* If it’s connected via wireless vs wired, what credentials is it using to authenticate?
* I assume you’ve seized the device, does it have a SIM card or cellular data capabilities? SD card? Whoever placed it must have the intention on reviewing the footage somehow..
what do you think?
Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment.
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.
To register please enter your E-Mail address then click on the Sign-Up button (Your E-Mail address will be confidential).