Hi.. i am a 32 year person with Non IT background, want to pursue career in Pen testing. Started my training module. Would love to get some suggestions from the expert and enthusiasts in this field. Thanks
Here are some resources that I’ve come across which very useful to me when I start learning to hack. Hopefully this can help you.
And Blogs Like :
This is an amazing resource, take some time to go through this [https://www.netsecfocus.com/oscp/2021/05/06/The_Journey_to_Try_Harder-_TJnull-s_Preparation_Guide_for_PEN-200_PWK_OSCP_2.0.html](https://www.netsecfocus.com/oscp/2021/05/06/The_Journey_to_Try_Harder-_TJnull-s_Preparation_Guide_for_PEN-200_PWK_OSCP_2.0.html)
There are also some books you can read to improve your understanding of certain topics
The Linux Command Line (2nd Edition): [https://nostarch.com/tlcl2](https://nostarch.com/tlcl2)
Linux for Hackers: [https://nostarch.com/linuxbasicsforhackers](https://nostarch.com/linuxbasicsforhackers)
Linux Command (Learning the Shell): [http://linuxcommand.org/lc3_learning_the_shell.php](http://linuxcommand.org/lc3_learning_the_shell.php)
just do it:)
You’ll probably wanna get the OSCP. As that’s an extremely valuable cert for Pentesters, possibly get the eJPT then go for the OSCP
First checkout this Guide/Review
– The Journey to Try Harder: TJnull’s Preparation Guide for PEN-200 PWK/OSCP 2.0
Here are some hacking courses that are cheap and you can do on the side that will take you from zero to hero! The courses are in order I’d do and then I included hacking labs and their prices! TryHackMe is a much more friendly intro lab then could move to HTB.
Note: if you follow these guys on Twitter they post discount codes for their courses all the time, some are just pinned on their Twitter profile.
– The Cyber Mentor – Ethical Hacking – https://academy.tcm-sec.com/p/practical-ethical-hacking-the-complete-course
– Tib3rius – Windows Privilege Escalation for OSCP & Beyond! – https://www.udemy.com/course/windows-privilege-escalation/
– The Cyber Mentor – Windows Privilege Escalation for Beginners – https://academy.tcm-sec.com/p/windows-privilege-escalation-for-beginners
– Tib3rius – Linux Privilege Escalation for OSCP & Beyond! – https://www.udemy.com/course/linux-privilege-escalation/
– The Cyber Mentor – Linux Privilege Escalation for Beginners – https://academy.tcm-sec.com/p/linux-privilege-escalation
Then do some Hacking Labs – Here are some Options
– TryHackMe (THM) – $10/M – https://tryhackme.com/
– HackTheBox (HTB) – $20/M – https://www.hackthebox.eu/
– VulnHub – $Free – https://www.vulnhub.com/
– Virtual Hacking Labs (VHL) – $99/M – https://www.virtualhackinglabs.com/
– Proving Grounds (PG) – $20/M – https://www.offensive-security.com/labs/individual/
List of Boxes to Hit
Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment.
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.
To register please enter your E-Mail address then click on the Sign-Up button (Your E-Mail address will be confidential).