This is the monthly mega-post for personal security support questions! Here, you can ask the r/cybersecurity community any personal cybersecurity questions you can think of.
Some example questions that would be appropriate to ask here are:
* Do you think, or know, you’ve been hacked?
* Need advice for staying safe online?
* Got a suspicious text, call, or email?
* Looking for security software recommendations (e.g. password managers, antimalware)?
As this is otherwise a professional-oriented community, we **require** that personal security support questions are asked in this monthly mega-post. When asking questions here, we ask that you follow the following two guidelines in addition to the normal r/cybersecurity rules:
* Please **search first**. Basic or broad questions, such as “what password manager should I use?” will likely have been answered already, and people may ignore your question if it has been answered recently.
* *At the very least,* scroll up and down this post to see if your question has been answered this month.
* All Personal Security Support Monthly posts are in a collection, so you can review past discussions. You can also use Reddit’s search function to search across the entire subreddit: [https://www.reddit.com/r/cybersecurity/search/](https://www.reddit.com/r/cybersecurity/search/)
* Please **be descriptive**. If you are looking for advice about something specific – such as a file or link – you should provide it so we can review.
* You can upload concerning files to services like [VirusTotal](https://www.virustotal.com/gui/) and provide us a link to review. Please do not upload sensitive files or files containing personal information, as uploading them makes them public.
* You can submit possible phishing links to services like [URLVOID](https://www.urlvoid.com) and link the report to us to analyze. Don’t submit any links which contain personal or sensitive information.
* You can take screenshots and upload them to [Imgur](https://imgur.com/upload), then share the Imgur link for us to review. Don’t submit any screenshots which contain personal or sensitive information.
Finally, please remember that while this is a community of mostly professionals, you are getting advice from *internet strangers*. The moderation staff can make no guarantee for its accuracy, applicability, or completeness. If you truly need professional assistance, please contract a local and reputable professional to assist you.
Thank you, and as always: stay safe!