Hello I’m looking to get in Cyber Security, because I hear the demand is higher compared to software developers.
– I’m a self taught software developer with about 4 years of professional experience and I’ve worked at some two big fortune 100 companies (Not FAANG) .
– I plan on taking a 19 week Cyber Security Bootcamp, it’s fairly cheap only costs around 2k and is taught by a Former security team leader in the Israeli Military Intelligence
– The course does not pay for: ● CompTIA – Security+ / PenTest+ ● EC-Council – CEH (Certified Ethical Hacker) but will prepare students to take these courses at the end.
– Also the course will have group and real world projects that can be added to a resume such as: Building an Intrusion Detection System from Scratch Working with Scapy (Packet manipulation tool)
– Will there be a pay cut going into cyber security?
– What path should I take based on my background?
– What’s the typical starting salary for a person in Cyber Security?
– Are cyber security jobs more in demand than software developer jobs?
– Is a bootcamp + certs the best route to enter this industry?
Please some help would be amazing I have only a few days until the course begins and I have to pay the bootcamp tuition.