I’m a trader and I’m starting to work on Cryptocurrencies. After many many hours of reading, I’m not sure I still feel safe enough working on my computer. I’ve done some research about how to stay safe working with cryptocurrencies, but it mostly says “dont click on pishing and use cold wallet”. Well, its the basics.
So, i decided come here to reddit try to find some answers on basic questions that google didn’t provide.
1. How recommended a antivirus and firewall are recommended? Seens like the internet are really divided about that. Half says its useless and other half says its a must. Is windows built-in tools enough? If you think its needed, which one? There tons of thems and I can’t keep being dropped off from internet or lose processing capacity on my PC.
2. What about VPN? It can be used to protect my pc? Will it make my connection slower or something like that?
3. Theres any kind of programs I dont want to have on my working PC? Peer-to-peer prograns like uTorrent is a problem?
4. Passwords management tools are safe anough? Apps like 1password can be usefull?
5. What about routers? It helps?
6. Do you guys has any tips to share?
Thank you all!