I’m currently a software engineer with 3.5 years of professional experience as well has have my degree in computer science. I’ve been thinking about going back to school to get a masters degree and the field of cyber security seems attractive – at least from my perspective (which is what I need advice on).
Forgive me if this is the incorrect place to post this.
For the cyber security professionals on this sub, or anyone who has practical experience/information:
* What does a day in the life look like as someone in InfoSec?
* What are the various subdomains of the cyber security profession?
* Are there any resources out there (articles, videos, etc.) that could shed light on what it truly means to be a cyber security professional?
* What would be the course of action for someone getting their foot in the door with cyber security work?
* Does having a software development background help?
I want to get a good grip on what I’d be getting myself into but I have decision fatigue as there’s so much resources out there that I don’t even know where to begin.