January 8, 2021

TrojanDownloader:HTML/Adodb.gen!A – Affecting discord cache’s, unsure about what to do about it

A few days ago, I saw that Windows Defender had picked up this TrojanDownloader:HTML/Adodb.gen!A thingy, and so I tried to take actions to remove the threat. It had been caught twice with two different cache files, and it had been quarantined. I decided to try and click remove on them, as I thought that they would remove the threats completely (correct me if I’m wrong, or if I had just reallowed the Trojan thing.) Now, today, after being scared to boot up my computer, I rebooted it up, and ran some scans, and it caught it once again, in two more discord cache files. I’m not entirely sure what to do now, or what is causing it in particular, and as of now the files in question are in quarantine. What do I do from here, as I am a little unsure? I’m also willing to provide more detail in the comments if need be. Thank you!



It seems to be affecting a lot of people, not only you, I would hold on the files it quarantined until its figured out whats causing it.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Note: By filling this form and submitting your commen, you acknowledge, agree and comply with our terms of service. In addition you acknowledge that you are willingly sharing your email address with AiOWikis and you might receive notification emails from AiOWikis for comment notifications. AiOWiksi guarantees that your email address WILL NOT be used for advertisement or email marketting purposes.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.