Hi, guys I am looking into the U of M cybersecurity bootcamp. It is 23 weeks long and cost $11,000. Is this a waste of money?
This what they are advertising
* Gain experience with a host of [**popular tools**](https://bootcamp.umn.edu/cybersecurity/curriculum/) such as Wireshark, Kali Linux, Metasploit, Nessus, and more.
* Learn skills applicable to certifications such as the CompTIA Security+, Network+, Linux+, Server+, Cloud+, and certified Ethical Hacker (CEH).
* Advance your skillset even if you’re currently employed or in school through [**convenient evening and weekend**](https://bootcamp.umn.edu/about/locations-schedule/) classes.
* Benefit from a comprehensive set of [**career services**](https://bootcamp.umn.edu/experience/classroom/) to help equip you for success as you work to change career paths or advance in your current position.
### By the time you complete the program, you will know how to:
* Conduct vulnerability assessments using tools like Metasploit to profile an application for vulnerabilities, and then exploit those vulnerabilities
* Configure machines on a virtual network, deploy them to the cloud, and investigate cloud security risks
* Identify suspicious patterns of user behavior to identify bots, intruders, and other malicious actors
* Write Bash scripts to automate security and operating systems tasks